ASK A QUESTION | ACTIVE THREADS

Is it safe to travel to Madagascar?

+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Is it safe to travel to Madagascar?

Iím slowly fulfilling my travel plan for this year. Next month, Iím going to Africa. While searching for some beautiful and exotic destinations in the continent, Madagascar stood out for me. The pictures were great, especially the majestic Baobab trees! Iím also excited to see and play with some of the lemurs the country is so proud of. But my question would be: Is it safe to travel in that country? My past escapade in Asia was satisfying, enjoyed the marriage tours I attended to. I am not comparing these two continents but if thereís someone here who can guarantee the safety of solo travellers to Madagascar, I would really appreciate such.

Re: Is it safe to travel to Madagascar?

I have read that it is safe but after some political traumas there was some disturbance and the crime rate was high. So I would recommend you to follow their local news channels and read local newspapers. Also follow blogs related to this place so make up your mind accordingly. You may also get in touch with someone who has recently visited or ask what the official stand of your country’s foreign office has on it.